Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mid-winter Michigan & Your Health


It's one of those Michigan mid-winter days. Today is very rainy, cloudy and foggy. And to add to all of that, it is on the verge of snowing which means the liquid falling right now is actually freezing on the roads and trees. Schools have gotten out early and lots of things are canceling. And that's why our phone has been ringing so much this afternoon. Everyone, it seems, wants to know if we are canceling our health class tonight. I must tell you about our health class. It is a really neat thing. Every month we have a class and the attendance has grown to around 50 people. We begin with a tasting buffet and then have a special guest speaker. Tonight's class is special because my parents are the guest speakers. Last month we were on the local TV news and this class is also advertised in the newspaper and on the radio. I'm privileged to be heading it all up. God has been so good to us as we've attempted to help the people around us live healthier lives. I'm praying that somehow tonight people will come and not let the weather stop them. I've decided not to cancel the class and go forward on faith, seeing what God does to bless.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

hi hi.. hope you enjoy your morning with mom and dad. i'm glad you went ahead in faith with the meeting. God always blesses efforts like that. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I am praying for the weather... a little icy here this morning :( I love you.

Melanie said...

new post needed...Hope all is well in the north. I miss you.