Sunday, December 17, 2006

TOP 10 REASONS To JuMp InTo LaKe TitiCacA

1) It was off-season for the locals....so there was space in the lake to jump into.
2) We made folklore history in the Uros Islands.
3) Needed more stories for "3 Truths and a Lie" ice-breaker game.
4) Something needed to be done to scat the piranhas away from our boat.
5) To recruit more blog viewers
6) Just to hear my dad say, "That's my boy!"
7) Just to hear my wife say, "I can't believe that's my husband!"
8) Just to hear locals say, "Is he their pastor?"
9) To know the difference between the flavor of Lake Huron and Lake Titicaca.
10) To say one day, "Son, sit right hear on my lap....I have a story to tell you."

















6 comments:

Melanie said...

INCREDIBLE! You are awesome Christian if I have to say so myself. I would claim you anyday as my brother

Anonymous said...

Dear Martinology:

It has come to my attention that you swam in Lake Titicaca without a permit. I would like to draw your attention to the signs that were posted around the lake for your safety that require swimming permits of all non-resident swimmers. The first offense for failure to obtain a permit is punishable by a fine of 100 dipped pretzels. Please rectify this situation immediately so as to avoid further escalation of this matter.

Anonymous said...

no comment.

Anonymous said...

pardon my lawyer, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Looks like you had a fabulous time at Lake Titicaca. Was it as cold as Lake Michigan? Or as warm as the Pacific Ocean? Or the temperature of the Andrews University swimming pool?

Christian and Heidi said...

It was quite cold, not to mention that we were over 12,000 feet in elevation. We probably stayed in the water for about 22 seconds. The thrill of a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It was great.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!
That's my boy!!!

Chris' proud dad.