Friday, April 10, 2009

THE MARTIAN MARATHON

On April 5th, 2009.... the earth stood still.



The face-off was inevitable.



It won a first-one-to-blink-losses game, but I challenged it to a 26.2 miler of pounding pavement... and that was a different story.



Night and day compared to the Chicago Marathon, which had over 33,000 runners. I found myself running solo several times, but came in at 101 out of 450.



Ideal running day. 40s. Blue sky.



I crossed the finish line in 3:37:07! A personal record! In fact, I knocked off 21 minutes off my first marathon run in Chicago last year which was 3:58:21.


2 comments:

kaiandkristi said...

Congratulations! That is the most amazing feeling when you cross the finish line. Love all the pictures!

Melanie said...

sweet run Christian! i ran 7 today :) have fun in Ohio and blessings as you bless the school