Friday, March 07, 2008

Who's Your Daddy?

It was just the two of us today for about 4.5 hours.



And we had another "FIRST": Daddy gave Buddy Boy, which is what I've been calling him the most, his first meal in a bottle. Of course, Mommy was at work, but she made all the necessary arrangements!



As always, he was just as calm as can be....well, one time I did the up-and-down-the-stairs-trick and, of course, he feel asleep until Mommy got home.



....you know something, we are so carefully attentive to his every need, ready to do whatever it takes to comfort him.... and how is it with the Creator of heaven and earth who calls Himself, my "Father,"....not any different.

In fact, the Bible says, "....how much more!"

So, who's your Daddy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your insight. That is a beautiful thought. I have to show you the pottery I did based on that. Oh, and I love the feet one. I have always wanted to take a picture like that. I just wanna tickle Elijah's feet with kisses! :)

Christian and Heidi said...

Thanks Melissa.... hey, send us a picture of the pottery, we'd like to see it... love you!

Joelle said...

Awww, what a sweet object lesson!
Elijah looks so happy and content, loving every minute. How happy and content should we be, with the God of the Universe for our Daddy!
Thanks for the reminder.

Mindy said...

Hey! You posted on my birthday!! How cool! We miss you guys so much! Jordan was baptized on December 15th! He requested that you do the ceremony, but we had to tell him, there was no time to arrange it. He finished his classes just as my sister was flying in from Detroit. It all worked out so perfectly. The whole family got to be there... It was so special. It would be nice if we could get you guys out here for a visit! I would love to squeeze Elijah! He sure is precious!

Mindy